Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ho Chi Minh coconut stand.

Unfortunately, I have nowhere nearly enough photos of Ho Chi Minh City to start a 'colors of HCMC' series. Shame, because the city certainly deserves one. The entire city was dripping with beautiful color, like in the milky greens and blues of the alley cafes. The palettes of the city's old buildings were particularly lush, part of a style of bold colors and ornate ornamentation that is apparently referred to as Tropical Baroque. I found it interesting to see the same design principals brought out at this street side coconut stand, where patrons could sit on electric-blue seats around a patterned red-table.

3 comments:

Prêt à Voyager said...

I see my favorite table!

Heather Moore said...

I've been loving your colour posts, loving the Lions Head series too, and always appreciate your lovely comments!
Have a great weekend,
Heather

JHill said...

I love your color posts too. Blue and red is one of my favorite combos.