Sunday, September 30, 2007

Darkie Flamingo.

Oh, but before I return to Bangkok completely... one last animal inspired piece by a South African Designer. Darkie is one of the coolest clothing labels in South Africa; it always has a great mix of colors, and playfully Afrocentric graphics. Two of my favorite pieces of clothing that I own are from Darkie: the orange and brown afro tank that I likely wear way too often, and a retro green, brown, and orange track-jacket that I regrettably left in the states. I saw these flamingo dresses when I was in Johannesburg in December- sadly, he didn't make flamingo pieces for men. Maybe a marabou could be a nice male equivalent?

You should definitely check out Darkie's website, to see his collections. The site has a great look, with a nice mix of colors and textures- I especially love the photo on the homepage.

No comments: